Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader Trailer

It's the week for trailers it seems. First Aisha, now Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

*Ahem*

Squeesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesqueesquee

Now that we've got that bit of pure joy out the way...

First Impressions:

1. Aslan's back!!
2: Edmund's grown up!
3. Lucy's so pretty!
4. What on earth is the White Witch doing here? Wasn't she dead way back in TLWW? I guess some things just never die.
5. Surprise: Peter and Susan make an appearance!
6. Visually stunning.
7. Music, not so much. I miss Harry Gregson Williams!

Here's the trailer. I might post more about it later.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the music in the trailer probably isn't the music from the film - they'd still be working on the soundtrack for VODT. :-) It looks like they've just borrowed some other random film music for the trailer.

    I agree, I loved Harry Gregson-Williams' work for the previous two Narnia movies! Hopefully the new composer will retain some of the Narnia themes from the first two films! :-)

    And thanks so much for following my blog!

    Blessings,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise,

    Well, that's a relief! I watched the trailer and posted in a rush before work this morning, so I didn't have much time to reflect on it.
    I did pull my longest face when I found out that HGW wasn't going to do the music for VODT; he was practically a tradition with the Narnian films. Like you, I'm hoping the new composer ( I think his name is Adrian) will retain the Narnian theme music. It's still my favourite soundtrack ever, and I have a lot of soundtracks.
    Oh, and thanks for following my blog! God bless you my sister in Christ :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I delight in comments! However, I do not delight in profanity or vindictive remarks. Let us encourage each other and enjoy each varying opinion.